Saturday, August 22, 2020

Reel Change

I thought it was time to post some updated pictures of the walkway between the house and the garage. It has changed dramatically over the years as plants have matured and filled in the area.

August, 2015


July, 2020

The shrubs and bamboo plants have all filled in nicely and do a good job of helping to hide the foundations.

The Japanese Forest Grass at the base of the "Lantern" (electric meter box) have all grown substantially over the years and help to hide the rock base.

Additionally, I added a new water reel in this location (and another on the other side of the house as well). 


This reel is very efficient - it spins in either direction and also rotates 360°. By attaching it to a post I also do not have to bend over all the time to reel the hose. 

In the winter I will be able to detach the reel very easily and store it in he garage. Most importantly, it looks nice in this location, rather than having a hose reel on wheels which always looked too industrial.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have made features out of the utilitarian house meter and hose reel. I will show this to my hubby as a possible solution to our hose problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I bought two of those reels, which work well, but looked really nice as well.

    ReplyDelete