First, I needed to replace some of the Variegated Liriope (Liriope muscari 'Variegata') that had been planted near the two large rocks at the south end of the Dragon's Spine near the gazebo.
Next, I needed to rework the area between the gazebo and the fence. I have always planted Hosta here, but over the years the plants were continuously eaten by some creature that likes the roots. I have finally decided to give up on Hosta here and so I purchased six Autumn Fern (Dryopteris erythrosora) to plant along this edge. First, I cleaned up the site and took out some of the soil so that it was no longer up against the fence bottom.
Eventually, I will be able to split these plants as they grow, making it possible to spread them to other parts of the garden.
I also planted a Dwarf Korean Azalea (Azalea yedoense 'Poukhanense Compacta') along the front walkway into the garden, an area that has only had Hosta in the past..