Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane

Hurricane Irene forced me to winter prep the garden early this year. I was worried that the winds would take the Gazebo and fling it across the yard. So, I dismantled it and cleaned up the patio area.



The patio area looks huge when the gazebo isn't present. 


I eventually moved all the potted plants into the garage so they wouldn't be damaged during the storm. We then had to depart before the storm hit to take my daughter to the airport in Buffalo, on the other side of New York State. I was away during the 24 hrs. in which the storm hit, and throughout worried that the garden would be flooded, bamboo in the fence blown away, and plants  uprooted. However, I was lucky. When I got home, everything was intact - just some leaves and stick spread around in need of picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment