Monday, August 22, 2011

Grass and Mouse Ears

I picked up some new plants today to finish off the Moon Window area. I wanted to frame the Moon Window panel with some Shenandoah Red Switch Grass (Panicum virgatum 'Shenandoah') - I like that it only grows to about  3' tall and is non-invasive. The red tinted leaves also add some color to the garden area.


I also wanted to fill in the space between the grass with a low laying plant. I cam across some Mouse Ear Coreopsis 'Nana' on sale and so picked up three plants. These plants like sun to part shade but will only grow about 6-8" in height, just below the Moon Window opening. 


The bright yellow-orange blooms look nice but will grow no higher than the opening. 


Together with the grass, these plants will balance off the entire fence panel.


No comments:

Post a Comment