Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Blooming July

As I get under way to start working in the garden this summer, I though I would share some pictures showing how far the garden has come. Mid-July is always the time when most of what I have planted is in full bloom. 



This year has been one of the easiest for me in terms of maintenance. With a few exceptions, the garden is becoming self sustaining - a more mature garden. I do not have to manage plants as much as I have in the past. However, in time I may find I need to make some alterations by thinning out or moving some plantings. 


The Clumping Bamboo (Fargesia rufa) near the back door of the garage is thriving. Not only did the growth from last year make it through the winter, the new shoots added to the appearance of the overall plant. 




This has not occurred elsewhere. It could be the more shady location.

This area near the back gate is also doing great. although I thought the Boulevard Cypress Oriental Pompom would have died by now, especially after it was moved, it seems to be doing well. I keep cutting back the dead growth each winter, and it keeps growing.



With the exception of some of the planting near the back of the Yukimi lantern, everywhere else in the garden is doing very well.




1 comment: