Thursday, August 1, 2019

Guan Yin Reborn

I finally got around to reworking the back garage bed where I had removed the Mugo Pine and the Rheingold Arborvitea

Once I realigned the Guan Yin statue, I planted a "Godzilla" Giant Japanese Painted Fern (Athyrium 'Godzilla') and a Heartleaf Brunnera (Brunnera macrophylla "Jack Frost'). In addition I moved two plants from the Dragon Spine Bed - Charlotte (Veronica Longifolia 'Charlotte') and an Astilbe. 

 

These pants seem open now, but in time they will all fill in this location. Especially the fern, which can grow up to 3' in height and width. Over time, I may have to relocate them as they grow. The shade that will be cast by the Spiraea thunbergil 'Mt Fuji' on the left end of the bed could over grow them.

I also added a solar spotlight to shine on Guan Yin in the evening. 


Just to the right, I planted a Japanese Painted Fern (Athyrium niponicum 'Pictum') and a small Hosta where the Rheingold Arborvitea one resided. This too will fill in and may have to be moved next year as the Forest Grass and Bamboo on the either side continue to grow.



Overall, the bed looks less crowded than before and being able to see Guan Yin again adds to the interest of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment