Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Light of My Life

Now that the gazebo update was complete, I wanted to add some finishing touches.

Putting in electricity is a long way off (just can't afford it). nevertheless, I could pursue a cheaper alternative - battery bowered fairy-lights. I was able to find a product on line that was water proof, battery operated with a remote, and 40' in length - perfect for a 10 x 10 gazebo. After picking up some plastic clips at the hardware store, I easily installed the lights. 

 

They look great. they do not give off enough light to illuminate the entire area, but they are just neat to have on at night.


I also came across a Japanese style lantern while walking through a Marshal's Department Store. 


Its made of wood and has a solar powered light made of fairy-lights. It was on sale, but the Japanese asthetic is what hooked me. After picking up a chain and hook from the hardware store, I was able to easily hang it in the gazebo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment