Monday, August 5, 2013

Sitting by the Bench

I've been rethinking the corner by the back gate for sometime. The only plant there was a Japanese Painted Fern. It was placed there without much thought after clearing out a previous Hosta. I decided to move the fern to the opposite side of the bench to fill in a small shady corner. In its place, on the left side of the bench, I planted a small shrub.



Japanese Andromeda (Pieris japonica 'Cavatine')



This Zone 5 plant like partial shade (and sun) - I am hoping it will do well being along the edge of the fence. It might not get enough sunlight. I like that the shrub will only grow to about 24" in height and width. It should fill in nicely in this small area. 



I think the bench area looks nicer, but I still have to fill in the corner near the fence. I may fill it in with Tiger Lilies or some other tall shade tolerant plant. I'm still not sure at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment