Monday, July 1, 2024

Fade to New

The bamboo on the Woodland Gate was in need of replacement. It was installed in 2018 and after 6 years of covered safety, the poles had faded, split and were beginning to fall off.

Before Bamboo Refresh

The original poles were only .5" in diameter. This time around I ordered 1" poles, which proved to be considerably wider and heavier.

After adjustments to the cedar frame to maintain stability, I was able to easily replace the poles. There was a noticeable difference when comparing the first completed door with the older existing door.

Left = New, Right = Old

Once all the poles were replaced, the gate looked as good as new.

I like the larger poles. There is still enough of a gap between each to see through the gate, while adding a bit more of a bamboo-interest to the gate.

I should easily get another six years out of the gate. In the meantime, I will take in the view.