Sunday, July 18, 2021

Pine Mud Pruning

Now that the fence is compete, I needed to take some time to trim the Pine tree in the central spot of the viewing garden. I have not trimmed it at all since I installed it back in 2019. 


I wanted the roots to have time to get established before I made any changes. Since that time, it has grown substantially and filled in. 


After watching the following video on YouTube about pruning Pine trees, I decided to give it a try.


I found the video instructive but I was concerned about cutting too much off. Additionally, I was concerned about the hight. The top had grown significantly higher than I would have liked. It was risky, but I just lopped off the top. That might have been a mistake, but now only time will tell. In the meantime, it looks much better thinned out with the trunk and branches visible once again.

 

Even from a distance it is much improved, even from the driveway.


No comments:

Post a Comment