Monday, July 12, 2021

Know the Enemy and Know Yourself

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

So I looked out my window this afternoon and beheld my enemy - Rabbit! 


At first I thought, "oh, it's just eating clover in my lawn, that actually is helpful." 


However, once he saw me, rather than run, he slowly crept closer to the Dragon Spine area where he brazenly proceeded to start munching on the low lying Hosta flowers which have been low laying as a result of all the rain. 


I admit, he was cute, but rabbits tend to devastate my Hosta, especially in the early spring. However, I am willing to find balance between our existence. As long as he continues to eat my clover, I can afford a couple of flowers from time to time. However, the minute that balance is disrupted, Rabbit will succumb to my very large animal cage and the displeasure of forced relocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment