Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Garden Crasher

A very short but powerful storm passed through today. It rained hard for about 15 minutes, and was accompanied by a wind shear. The neighborhood was hit hard with lots of big trees down. We have had no power since it occurred.

Unfortunately, a good sized tree limb fell from the neighboring property and landed right on my garden fence.

As a result, an entire panel was destroyed, and I was bummed out.

Actually, the bamboo panel survived intact. It sort of bounced as the tree hit. This is probably why people in Asia have used bamboo for 5,000 year to build things. It's very durable.

The cedar parts of the fence will have to be replaced. The broken parts I can recycle for other uses. Thankfully, neither post was damaged, so the repairs should be easy, probably less than $100.

I will leave the replacement until next spring when I start the fence extension project. I will just do it all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment