Sunday, October 18, 2020

Boxed In

Continuing my work on the stroll garden future fence line, I decided to purchase a late fall shrub, a Green Mountain Boxwood (Buxus x 'Green Mountain'). This late in the fall, stores have great sales on plants and shrubs, so I picked this plant up for 50% off. Its just the right size and I will let in grow some more but keep it shaped. These tend to grow slow, so keeping it under control will be easy.

I wanted this as a termination point for where the existing 4 x 4 wooden edging meets the stone edging that makes its way around the Spirea. I also need to keep it small so it doesn't grow into the planned fence over time.


Once in, it was time to move the Mexican Black Stones out of the original channel and prep that bed area for fence posts. 

I simply piled up the stones nearby (far end of the picture) where they can sit all winter. I plan to use them in the same location, so it seemed like a good idea - less moving around. 

I was also able to retrieve 9 gallons of pea stone from this bed. It was used originally under the Black stones, but its has accumulated a lot of dirt over the years from debris. Once washed and clean, I can use it elsewhere. The bed is now nice and level and will settle over the winter months, making it much easier to work on when I start building the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment