Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Fence Reborn

It has taken me much longer than I anticipated, but the fence upgrade is near completion.


Al the staining is complete and the new bamboo is finally in place. The panels sections where I had to replace posts also looks like new.


The 3/4 inch bamboo looks much better than the original split bamboo. I did not coat or stain it, opting instead to let it age naturally. In time it might gray somewhat. 


Overall, it looks good. Even Buddha approves.


I still need to work on the entrance gate between the house and garage before I can say it is all finished. Hopefully, it will all be done before the end of summer.

2 comments:

  1. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
    sichtschutz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind, I didn't know anything about Japanese gardens, or gardening, or fence building, or any of this when I started. Each day I learn a bit more.

    ReplyDelete