Sunday, July 8, 2018

Construction Complete

I finally finished rebuilding the fence today. Its taken me some time to raise up the lower rail of each section to prepare for the new bamboo panels. I also power washed the fence to remove mold and dirt. In the process, I discovered that some of the rails and posts had become rotten. 


Taking this last section of the fence apart and rebuilding it was no fun.


To help ensure that I don't have this rot problem again, I purchased two post protectors - a metal cover with a rubberized protective seal inside, about 1 foot long. It covers the portion of the fence where water, earth, and oxygen would come into direct contact with the posts. 


Don't know if they will work, only time will tell.


Now that all the rotted rails and posts have been replaced, I can move on to the next stage: re-staining. Oh joy.

2 comments:

  1. Your gate is looking wonderful. Isn't it nice to stand back and see the results of your labor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the end, the fence repairs came out nice. I need to stain it more frequently.

    ReplyDelete