Thursday, July 20, 2023

Garden Guardian

While relaxing in the garden, my attention was drawn to the Mioshi Post Lantern.


Inside the bottom left window opening, I noticed the return of an old friend. I believe he is a Gray Tree Frog, which can change his colors very quickly to match his surroundings. In this case, the granite Mioshi lantern. 


This frog seems a bit smaller than the much larger frog I have seen here in past years. I suspect he is a "child." 


Interestingly, I first noticed a Tree Frog early in the spring living near the top of the underside of the Gazeebo. It seemed like an odd place to reside, but probably is a great place to catch bugs for sustenance. I suspect the moisture from the rains, as well as the twice daily operation of the micro-sprinkler system, help create an environment that is friendly to the frog.

The Tree Frog is nocturnal, so having it living in the Mioshi Post during the day is perfect. I look forward to seeing him again as he watches over the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment