Saturday, August 26, 2017

Walk the Line

I spent most of the day putting in edging along the edge of the property line. Now that I am reworking the Dragon Spine area with new plantings and shrubs, I want to ensure that the weeds that accumulate just off property don't spread into the reworked bed. 


I also had to clean up the channel for the sump pump pipe that exits towards the wood lot.

My plan at this point is to dig up all the Tiger Lily I moved a couple years ago back to the property line. I had moved them temporarily in anticipation of extending the fence, but now that I have decided not to extend the fence, I would like them back. They actually helped to limit the spread of the weeds.

Tiger Lillies in 2014

The edging should also help to keep  the roots of the lilies from entering the bed as well. Its o.k. if they spread outward toward the wood lot, but I don't want them growing within the new shrubs. Digging them up and transplanting them is going to be a lot of work.


Additionally, I added two small pieces of edging on either side of the Woodland Gate to prepare for the work I need to do to finish the pea stone path and threshold.


With these curves, I think it will now be important to limit a possible threshold made of stone to a small rectangle within the gate and under the roofline. It will then be surrounded by pea stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment