Friday, August 18, 2017

The Name Game

After finishing the building of the new gate, I had to decide on a name for the structure. 



Given that it is placed along the property line in the Dragon Spine area, and that the property behind that line is a wood lot, I decided to name the gate the Woodland Gate, or in Chinese: Líndì mén.



The translation/characters in Japanese would be slightly different, but given that I have a background in Chinese language and have already used Chinese to name the garden, I thought I would keep using Chinese as the naming structure for elements in the garden.

Since the gate will be used primarily to view/access the woodlot, the name is appropriate. 

Now I have to find a sign maker who can carve a sign for the gate that is similar to the signs I have for the garden elsewhere. This time around my duaghter is not in Taiwan, so I will need to locate someone local. It might take a while.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it turned out just beautiful. So lovely and simple but suited to it's purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think the changes I made made a big difference. Now I have to rework the plants and pathway around the gate.

      Delete