Wednesday, May 26, 2021

April Showers, Bring May Flowers

Actually, we are near the end of May, but regardless, some of the plants in the garden are in full bloom.

The Delaware Valley White Azalea (Azalea Evergreen 'Delaware Valley White') looks great with its bright white flowers. The plant has been getting bigger these last two years, but so far, no need to move it.


The Azalea (Rhododendron 'Farrow') has been located in the central part of the garden since 2016 and is still doing well. It remains a bit sparse and thin, most probably due to the lack of sunlight, but keeps coming back every year. The bright red flowers were really beautiful this season.


The Bugleweed (Ajuga reptans) I planted in front of Buddha as far back as 2014, filled in really well this year. Last year it was sparse and thin. This year it was dense and packed with many purple flowers. I was thinking of reworking this bed, but now that I see the bloom, I plan to leave it alone. Great color!


Much remains to do to get the garden ready for the summer. I have to finish the fence, plant a new tree, weed, weed, weed, trim out the Cyprus and Pines, and so much more. I am only just getting started, but for now, I am enjoying the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment