Sunday, September 13, 2020

Future Plans

As summer ends and we enter fall, I have started to prepare parts of the stroll garden for a future fence extension. 

In order to keep the fence extension in line with the existing fence, I have to move plants out of the way. I started with the Black-Eyes Susans. 

These plants, which produce a lovely yellow flower, are right in the spot where the fence has to go, so out they came.


I ended up with 21 feet of plants, so I transplanted them to several places on the property, but outside of the Zen garden. There just isn't enough light for them anywhere in the Zen garden.

After building a fence structure on the other side of the house, I needed a lot of Black-Eyed Susans to match the existing bed, so this spot made a lot of sense.

I also planted some in the small bed out front around the apple tree.

Next I have to move the Spirea at the end of that bed. It's too close to the fence and has to come out several feet to make room for the new fence.

I have a lot of work ahead of me, but the more I can get done now, in increments, the easy the work will be in the spring when I start to install the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment