Sunday, June 28, 2020

Perceiving the Sound of the World

Last year I attempted to replant the area around Guanyin. For years a large Mugo Pine sat here, but it was devastated by insects and became to unwieldy, so I removed it.


I had planted a "Godzilla" Giant Japanese Painted Fern (Athyrium 'Godzilla') here, but moved that as well. The Heartleaf Brunnera (Brunnera macrophylla "Jack Frost')Charlotte (Veronica Longifolia 'Charlotte'), and Astilbe remain in place. They are doing well and filled in the area well. 

 

I am a little worried the the Heartleaf Brunnera will get too large for the front area and have to be moved to the rear. In the meantime, I like the look. I may even add a fern back to the far right side.

 

Guanyin and Buddha can now admire each other in the respective beautiful surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden area is looking quite nice. Hope you are getting more rain than we are----we're down about three inches from normal with 90 degree temps and just spotty showers around which always seem to miss this area.


    I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The garden has become a mature garden since I first planted it years ago. Unfortunately, the weather here is like yours – not a lot of rain, lots of heat. I hope it doesn’t negatively impact the garden too much.

      Delete