Sunday, September 22, 2019

Post Return

Throughout the summer I  enjoyed the view of the gazebo with the plants near the outer corner post. The Soft Touch Japanese Holly (Ilex crenate 'Soft Touch') I planted is doing well. 


However, the dwarf lilies I placed on either side looked poor after they stopped flowering. So, I decided to dig them out and relocate them elsewhere on the property.

In their place, I planted two Arborvitae Fire Chief (Thuja occidentalis 'Congabe'). 


This shrub can tolerate light and shade. It should grow between 3-5 feet - they may end up growing too large for where I placed them. I can try to keep them trimmed, but I will probably have to move them at a latter date. 

 

I willing to see how it goes, then make my decision next year. In the meantime they look good next to the Holly.

No comments:

Post a Comment