Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Grass by Any Other Name...

This year I am only having to replace or add a few plants. The garden is for the most part self sustaining. 

Three plans did not make it through the winter: a long term Beatlemania Mophead Sedge Grass (carex caryophyllea ‘Beatlemania’) was taken over by moss (this was one of the original plants in the garden from 2009); a small Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Just Dandy'; and the Heuchera "Autumn Leaves' Coral Bell I planted last year.

I replaced the Cora Bell with another, but this one had a unique orange color (bottom right of photo). Right above it is a variegated grass plant I used to replace the Hophead Sedge Grass. 


Finally, replacing the 'Just Dandy', I planed an Everlite Variegated Sedge (Carex oshimensis 'Everlite').


Hoping the grasses get enough sunlight - will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment