Sunday, June 2, 2024

Guanyin Makeover, Part 2

While reworking the Guanyin bed behind the garage, I decided to move the existing Dark Towers Penstemon (Penstemon 'Dark Towers") I had planted back in 2013. It is a slow grower and will not produce its flowers until later in the summer. 

Wanting to cover up as much of the foundation as possible, and sooner rather than later, I moved the plant to the opposite side of the Zen garden.

In its place I planted a 'Misty Lace' Goat's Beard (Aruncus 'Misty Lace'). 

I liked that this plant had a similar look as an Astible, but was different enough to set itself apart. I especially like the white blooms on the top. It's size is perfect for this location, and should grow and fill in early in the spring next season. The lighter shade of green and white will help off set the other darker plants near Guanyin.