Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pom Pom Intervention

The Boulevard Cypress Oriental Pompon (Chamaecyparis pisifera "Cyano-virdis') did not do well over the winter. Honestly, I have had little luck with this Cypress ever since I purchased it. 

We had very little snow over the winter and a spring with little rain. As a result, the soil was very dry. By the time I got around to showing the Cyprus some kindness, it was about 80% dead.


Rather than yank it out of the ground, I wanted to see if I could salvage it. I started by trimming away all of the dead material. As a result, it has lost any resemblance to having once been a pom-pom.


Its not 100% dead, but it is one very sad sight to behold. Perhaps its sad look will give it some character. Honestly, I don't see how it can make it in the long term, but until I have a new plan or plant in mind, I am going to let it try and save itself. We will see how it does.


No comments:

Post a Comment